New Quizzes: Dashboard To Do

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

As with the original quizzes on canvas, when a student submits a New Quizzes (Quizzes.Next) assessment and there are items that need to be reviewed it should show up on our teacher dashboard in our To Do list so we know to submissions have been made so we can more easily access them in speedgrader to grade.

253 Comments
garrett_william
Community Participant

This is a critical feature for teachers and the lack of support is disheartening. We were told from the very beginning there would be feature parody with Classic quizzes, but there have been multiple instances where that promise has not been met.

campbell_oxland
Community Participant

Gee I wonder if any students have completed any quizzes??

1.gif

Bonkers! Good stoush.

well done.gif

Also bring back html applications in new quizzes asap so we can use mouse overs!

brian_mitchell7
Community Member

I strongly agree with this idea. Let's all get behind this and affect change for the better! "To do" is a must in new canvas quizzes! 

The very idea of abandoning a central tenet of classic quizzes is disheartening as it  has  helped me countless times to give feedback to students in a timely manner! 

CANVASLover93
Community Member

I LOVE CANVAS, but this is the one drawback of the new quizzes. Please make this a new feature! 🤔😫🔎frustrated-strangle.gif

download.jpg

brian_mitchell7
Community Member

giphy.gif

Canvaslover10
Community Member

No fair- students get a to do list but not teachers/instructors. This classic quiz feature was da bomb! 

🎶I like your old stuff better than your new stuff🎶

"I see your band now and it's not too bad
You're nothing like you used to be
Please write some songs that really do not s#@k
Please become what you were before
I like your old stuff better than your new stuff (x4)
I try hard not to bring up the past
I'm sorry I had to again
You don't know me I feel you are my friend
I'm trying not to be pretend"
Youknowwhoyouar
Community Member

Please, please, please we need the to do list in new quizzes. Pretty please?

deborah_k_warwi
Community Member

Canvas I have to confess. I used you. 🤔

You were there when I needed a friend and you were willing.

Whose fault is that?

I didn't know you were going to turn into a crazy one sided relationship.

Me chasing you hoping you will live up to my expectations.

Alas, I feel let down. 

I am now some crazed stalker having check on six different courses - is there work completed yet?

Every five minutes.

Come on.

Give me a break.

Dont be so hard to get....

Where is my to do list?

Please come back!!!!

JoMaiden
Community Member

Yes, puuuleeeaase, "to do" list.

+ mouse over !!

😺

LeticiaMcKnight
Community Member

New quizzes do not show as needing grading in the Gradebook or To-Do list as well as other notifications. This is hampering the ability of students to have work re-evaluated, and assessed for gained knowledge. As an instructor, it is challenging to review all the quizzes to find those that need regrading.