New Quizzes: Dashboard To Do

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

As with the original quizzes on canvas, when a student submits a New Quizzes (Quizzes.Next) assessment and there are items that need to be reviewed it should show up on our teacher dashboard in our To Do list so we know to submissions have been made so we can more easily access them in speedgrader to grade.

253 Comments
tjohnson12
Community Novice

I agree this needs to be added to Canvas.

rexj
Community Participant

Please implement this for New Quizzes!

mndavis71
Community Member

I am frustrated that the New Quizzes in Canvas make life harder for teachers instead of easier. There are some helpful new features, but they are greatly outweighed by the lack of basic functionality compared to the way I have already been using old Quizzes.

I am not sure why Canvas would even release New Quizzes for use before it actually integrated well with the current system. I am not sure that it would be possible to create more frustration for teachers than to "take away" usability from a feature that has already been in place. New Quizzes does not notify an instructor when students have taken a quiz. New Quizzes makes it hard for the instructor to get to the Speed grader. It seems like poor planning and a lack of understanding about what teachers need to force a user to go to the grade book and look for an assignment in order to grade that assignment. It would make more sense for the user to be able to go directly to the assignment as the old Quizzes does. It would make more sense for a link to be created on the ToDo list as the old Quizzes does.

I do not have the say over who our educational institution uses for online content delivery. If I did, I would have already moved on to a service that attempted to meet my needs as a teacher. Everyone has different needs, but I am not sure what need was prioritized over usability when so many other companies get that part right.

Fernsy
Community Participant

This is one of the biggest complaints about new quizzes from teachers. They used this to manage their workload with old quizzes and currently do so with assignments. The To Do list becomes obsolete when it doesn't work for all submissions

Community Participant

If this is not added to New Quizzes this is a deal breaker for our staff.

MaureenYoung
Community Explorer

Yes, please add this feature! I feel terrible that I missed an extended response question in one of my New Quizzes until a student called my attention to it!

mcolucci
Community Member

This is an absolute must.

ShaneSmith1
Community Novice

Please!

hhartkopf
Community Explorer

Agreed! It doesn't seem logical that upgrading to New Quizzes would result in a loss of function, not a gain. 

I first tried out New Quizzes in Spring 2020 and found this exact issue to be a source of frustration. It is surprising to me that it is now Fall 2021 and there has been no progress toward fixing this.

stevensleeth
Community Novice

Same here. Please fix this.