New Quizzes: Dashboard To Do

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

As with the original quizzes on canvas, when a student submits a New Quizzes (Quizzes.Next) assessment and there are items that need to be reviewed it should show up on our teacher dashboard in our To Do list so we know to submissions have been made so we can more easily access them in speedgrader to grade.

253 Comments
Vandy1
Community Member

Yes, this is CRITICAL.  I will not use New Quizzes until/unless this is resolved.  

juliadewees
Community Explorer

Agree!  This will save teachers so much time!

William42
Community Explorer

This thread was originally started in August 2019.  I know developers are aware of it, but I haven't heard any news regarding whether or not this option will become available.  Has anyone heard anything or are we all just screaming into the wind?

DennisFay
Community Novice

The old quiz used to give a notification in the "to-do" section so that I would know when a quiz was submitted that required manual grading of a question. This new quiz system does not provide that. Currently, if a student submits a quiz that has a question requiring grading, I will have no idea they did so, there is no alert or notification and even going into speedgrader does not show anything unless you go through every single submission looking for new quizzes. This is a horrible design flaw that should have been resolved last year. The fact this issue still exists speaks volumes about the Canvas support and design team. Get this fixed so your platform is useable for quizzes again.

HannahRichert
Community Member

We really need this feature to be enabled ASAP. I have too many students to have to monitor changes to submissions on my own. 

knelson22
Community Member

PLEASE make this happen! There is absolutely no good way for teachers to know if students have re-taken a new quiz with an essay question unless they happen upon the icon in the gradebook.

ErikWard
Community Novice

Yes... Big classes HAVE to have this

gillian51bailey
Community Member

This is a great idea and will be very helpful.

ecollinsworth
Community Explorer

Has this feature been added for New Quizzes?

mcalicott94
Community Member

Why was this not included in the original design of new quizzes? It was standard with the original quizzes, so it makes no sense that it was not included in the new version. 

This one thing makes the new quizzes practically unusable for a busy teacher with 100s of students.