New Quizzes: Dashboard To Do

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

As with the original quizzes on canvas, when a student submits a New Quizzes (Quizzes.Next) assessment and there are items that need to be reviewed it should show up on our teacher dashboard in our To Do list so we know to submissions have been made so we can more easily access them in speedgrader to grade.

253 Comments
rachellucille_s
Community Member

I cannot agree more or stress how necessary this is! Immediately!

rcordeiro1
Community Participant

I do not see a place to 'upvote' this, but this really needs to be a thing! Students have to email me if they need a resubmission graded, and that just is not necessary.

douglas_rolley
Community Explorer

Click on the stars to cast your vote! 

By voting, you are helping put these issues on Instructure’s radar so they get addressed. This issue is a huge problem for teachers.

Please rate and comment on these issues about Canvas’ New Quizzes!

douglas_rolley_0-1602176286195.jpeg

Please follow this link to address the other half of this problem:

New Quizzes grading indication in SpeedGrader: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/New-Quizzes-Grading-Indication/idc-p/407653#M3...

• Currently, if a teacher looks at SpeedGrader, all students will have a green checkmark indicating that they don’t need grading, instead of a yellow dot noting that students have items that need grading.
CCliff
Community Member

Yes, please change this - it ruins the benefits of the New Quiz additions

hope_scott
Community Member

Quiz submissions definitely need to be included on the To Do List as well as allow notifications to be set for quiz submissions.

aboom
Community Participant

Currently if I have new quiz that has a question that requires I grade it I have no way of knowing it have been submitted unless I manually check in speedgrader.  With Classic quizzes it shows up in my todo list.  I prefer new quizzes, but the lack of this notification is frustrating as I get students turning in work late all the time.  There needs to be a way for new quizzes to show up in the teacher todo if a student submits something with a teacher graded question.

tprundle
Community Member

When teachers receive a submission through New Quizzes, it does not show up in their To-Do list because it is considered an "external submission type." While this is great for multiple-choice responses, teachers miss scoring assignments that require review like a short-answer response. Please update this submission type so that New Quizzes go to the To-Do list and notify teachers that they have to review responses.

danaleeling
Community Participant

I was surprised to see that I do not get notifications on New Quizzes submissions by students. I would expand this to include notification of New Quizzes submission whether or not there are questions that need to be reviewed and marked by the instructor. Perhaps notification should be an option toggle for those instructors who do not want these notifications, but I prefer to have a notification that a submission has been made.

nfisher
Community Participant

Most definitely need this feature. We have many many many instructors that opt out of email notifications for submissions simply because they prefer to be in Canvas grading as submissions come into the "to do" list. There is no notification of submissions without going directly to Speedgrader. We cannot recommend a change over to New Quizzes unless this is enabled. Please enable this. 

csalas
Community Member

PLEASE!!!

LOVE the stimulus, but I agree with everything that has been said!