New Quizzes: Decrease mouse click range on multiple choice, T/F answers

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

There have been countless times where I left mouse clicked somewhere on the screen and it unknowingly changed an answer on me because the click was horizontally aligned with an answer. I think the answers should only register a selection when the mouse click is either on the bubble of the answer or on the words within the answer. 

7 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

PhilipMancus
Community Member

Today I had a student report a similar issue.

"I've been unintentionally choosing incorrect answers based on where my mouse is positioned as I scroll. ... I was even extremely careful on this last quiz and my center-scroll button still somehow changed one of my answers. ... It's actually extremely difficult to teach myself not to scroll with my center button and, even then, a missed click on the right-hand scroll bar will change answers, even if I'm no where near the answer bubbles."

SuSorensen
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. That sounds like an incredibly frustrating experience and I know I would be very upset if I were in your shoes. As of  this post, the problem has been fixed so that the selection area is significantly closer to the choices. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Completed

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed