[New Quizzes] Download Quiz Statistics

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas LMS

quizzes.next‌

Currently, there is no way to download or even print the entire Item analysis report from the new quiz feature in Canvas. This is a really useful feature that the original quizzes held. Please add this feature to the new Quizzes feature.

Added to Theme

126 Comments
HeidiMonroe
Community Novice

Just checking to see if there is an estimate of when quiz and item analysis reports in New Quizzes will be able to be downloaded or at least printable???

BrainKL
Community Member

In the age of remote exams, we'd like to be able to check for collusion between students during summative assessments. The two types of data we'd like to have access to are:

- student responses per question, in a format we can download for the whole cohort (CSV file or similar). This is or was, as I recall, possible with the 'old' quizzes.

- Timing data ('View log' data), downloaded in a CVS file (or similar) for the whole cohort.

Other exam platforms do allow us to do this, but I can't find a way of doing so in Canvas.

I am an 'instructor'.

david_simpson1
Community Explorer

That this remains an outstanding update to New Quizzes is of concern to me.

Particularly as so many institutions move into the online courses space!

Instructure/Canvas need to make exportable item analysis data available as soon as possible. Old quizzes could do it, Blackboard can do it, other LMS choices can do it with ease.

strisler
Community Explorer

I would like to add my support to @david_simpson1  comment.  This needs to be prioritized AND we would appreciate an update on the status - is this being worked on?  Is there an estimated date when we can expect something?  This limitation greatly reduces my satisfaction with your product.

kejohns
Community Novice

Please add!  Voting for this feature.  I just redid all my quizzes back to classic just for the stats.

seharpe
Community Member

Consider this one additional request for the ability to download individual student responses (even if the correct answer is not included). The fact that this is mentioned in the Reports section on the New Quizzes Feature Comparison (last update 2021-07-31) with no indication that it will be available after transition (when Classic Quizzes is ultimately retired) is a MAJOR concern.

This is such a basic and crucial feature that I am truly shocked that Instructure hasn't addressed this in Canvas updates. This thread is over 2.5 years old now with no indication that this is even being considered by Instructure despite many, many, many user comments that this is a desired (even necessary) feature.

rmkliman
Community Explorer

There appears to still be no way to download a .csv file of all individual students responses in new quizzes.  This is a critical feature, particularly for assessment.  Is it really gone, or am I just missing it?

DulcineaGBCC
Community Member

I would also like to be able to have a PDF download of the item analysis...how else are we to save this without laboriously having screen shots. 

Additionally, we use the survey feature in Classic Quizzes--this needs to be a part of what is being added to new quizzes. 

mollyhines
Community Member

Adding a feature where data can be downloaded is an absolute must!  Working as an instructional designer for a university that is heavy on health science programs, I can tell you that the small number of faculty that I've discussed New Quizzes with are already panicking.  For national accreditation purposes they need to have data that can be downloaded to present to accreditation boards.  In this day and age where instruction is data driven, it is so foreign to me that Canvas and Instructure did not add this to the LTI before deploying it in production.  Please make sure this is added before Classic Quizzes is deprecated.

KatiePackard
Community Novice

We utilize the downloadable data for assessment purposes to report to accreditation.  We have very large health sciences courses (hundreds of students) that are interprofessional. The ability to download their assessment data to report to accreditation (to meet accreditation interprofessional standards) is essential - to maintain our accreditation.  This is an absolute must!