[New Quizzes] Download Quiz Statistics

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas LMS

quizzes.next‌

Currently, there is no way to download or even print the entire Item analysis report from the new quiz feature in Canvas. This is a really useful feature that the original quizzes held. Please add this feature to the new Quizzes feature.

Added to Theme

126 Comments
Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion

@Stef_retired - way back in January 2019 you posted here saying this was on the timeline to reach parity -- it seems it's no longer listed in the comparison chart.  Do you have any other info on this to give up hope that it's coming?   I'm asking on behalf of the teachers in my district -- as we prepare for the transition to New Quizzes they noticed this was missing in the chart.  Thank you!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@Hildi_Pardo The best way to get additional insight on the New Quizzes development timeline is is to comment on the product manager's blog post at  Sunsetting Classic Quizzes Q&A.

NariMiller
Community Novice

I am commenting to add my voice here. Downloading student-specific responses to each quiz as .csv files allowed for me to add nuance to partial credit, correct scoring issues easily, and check similarities to short answer questions that suggested a common resource or oversharing during individual activities. Having this feature removed will strongly affect the utility of Canvas as an assessment tool, which is unfortunate because there are few alternatives. 

Please add this feature to New Quizzes in Canvas.

JDK
Community Participant

It feels like this is shouting into the void because of the apparent lack of response from canvas about this issue but I'm throwing another comment here. Downloading student responses to something outside of the locked-in format of new quizzes reports or another way to get data out of essay questions that doesn't include manually copy/pasting out of every single response via speedgrader needs to be produced. I can't imagine that this is more than a query that dumps to a csv with every data point about that quiz for each student. I'm always fine trimming down the data that systems spit out to what I need but having no option for this is obviously causing a large number of people to waste a significant enough amount of time to come and discuss it here. Getting data out where it's usable in any other program is foundational functionality that would even take pressure off for a lot of other feature requests because people that want to do something 'weird' can actually do it on their own.

Please please please give us the option to export the data!

Alba_UFV
Community Member

Hello! from our institution we see a great need for this functionality as the teacher must be able to download the answers given by their students in the questionnaires. For us it is very urgent and important to improve this.
Are you going to advance in its development? When could it be ready?
This idea already has many votes.................

Thanks!!!

LuciaSalgueiro
Community Explorer

Thanks for sharing!! Very necessary for our institution too!!

MikeNg
Community Novice

Old quizzes used to have this function to provide item analysis and many other things in CSV file.  The new quizzes have removed this function which makes it more time-consuming to obtain data from quizzes.  Please provide function back as it was provided before in older versions.  Thank you.

katherine_cook
Community Member

What is the latest on this - this thread seems to have gone on since 2019 and yet I am still unable to download/export results/submissions from a quiz and it is a major issue, obviously not just for me. This was available in old quizzes, it's loss is not acceptable 

JACKIERAMIREZ
Community Novice

Hi! I’m an instructor and I love using the new quizzes to create targeted assessments for my class. I always attach outcomes and I love the fact that I’m able to view those reports within canvas, but I (and other educators) would be better serviced if there was a feature to export those reports onto excel or google sheets, etc. 

Being able to export would aid in analysis of data, such as color coding for intervention purposes, extensions, etc.

Thank you in advance for your attention for that matter!

Al_C
Community Member

I'm a new Canvas user after using Moodle for years. It's appalling that there is no way to export the quiz data to a spreadsheet. This seems pretty basic. It's been three years since this idea was first posted. Hopefully, Canvas will add this functionality soon.

Those New Quiz reports are pretty poor.