[New Quizzes] Download Quiz Statistics

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas LMS

quizzes.next‌

Currently, there is no way to download or even print the entire Item analysis report from the new quiz feature in Canvas. This is a really useful feature that the original quizzes held. Please add this feature to the new Quizzes feature.

Added to Theme

126 Comments
ian10
Community Participant

I can't believe taht this issue is still raging on....

In one of the surveys they sent me, I commented about it and still waiting to hear about it.  I really think that they have literally put this in to the may be or even the to hard basket.  If they would only tell us something....

lcd83
Community Member

It is vital that we are able to download new quiz reports. This was a feature in old quizzes and was taken away in new quizzes. Instructors need to be able to download the reports in order to compare different sections' test results.

FrankaStorzer
Community Explorer

Definitely a function that we need for reviewing the submissions in quizzes. Any news on when this will be added to Canvas?

SandraONeil
Community Explorer

WHY IS THIS STILL NOT AVAILABLE!!!

JDK
Community Participant

With a regular post from some faculty member saying this feature is a requirement I'm still surprised that it isn't even on the roadmap plan as something to implement.

a1063023
Community Explorer

Yup, I no longer believe anyone from Canvas looks at this site to inform their roadmap.

nadine_heinz
Community Explorer

This is indeed an important feature. We can't recommend using New Quizzes in larger classes as teachers have no chance to export quiz results properly. Essential features from Classic Quizzes should be available in New Quizzes as well. There are so many comments to this idea conversation, that I really hope, Instructure is going to prioritise this export feature.

JDK
Community Participant

Previously available in quizzes was the ability to export the data from students responses. This functionality is no longer available for new quizzes but is a critical piece for large classes where default analysis done within canvas is insufficient. Myself and many other instructors have requested this functionality with no recent response about providing this functionality. Manually copying responses of hundreds of students in order to do any outside analysis isn't a functional option when export was previously available for old quizzes. Similar request can be found here with many years of comments requesting this feature: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/New-Quizzes-Download-Quiz-Statistics/idc-p/528...

Help me canvas-wan kenobi. You're our only hope.

tatee1
Community Explorer

I have steered many of my instructors away from New Quizzes because of the lack of timely and usable data.  Sad, because New Quizzes has some great features but this data is so necessary to the work that our instructors do.  Also, sad because New Quizzes has been out for so long and still lacks some basic functionality.

RSimonson
Community Member

Thank you for this opportunity.

I rely *heavily* on the csv download of individual student answers on Quizzes, both for survey interpretations as well as for awarding credit for practice quiz effort. This functionality is quite fundamental to how I serve the lion's share of my students. Please, Please, PLEASE allow us users to be able to access and download granular quiz performance data. The summaries that I see will be available are good for different types of analytic users, but truly not helpful to me and what I do.