New Quizzes: Downloadable per-question quiz results

0 Likes
(1)

After using Canvas quizzes for a few midterms, I made an attempt to review my students' results. I was shocked to learn that the results aren't reported in any sort of raw format. This is especially true of free response questions, which frequently don't show up in the Item Analysis report. What's more, the results that are reported are aggregated in a way that is not only unclear (does "Students who scored in the top 27%" mean that the students scored in the 73rd percentile or that they got at least 73% of the possible points?) but also not useful. Even simple analyses like mean, median, low, and high score for each question are impossible with this bizarre aggregation. Without this information, I cannot assess how well my students are learning the material being tested, nor how well I am teaching it.

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

RobDitto
Community Champion

@the_professah , consider rating and/or commenting on another long-running Idea Exchange conversation which is closely aligned with yours:

the_professah
Community Member

Are "New Quizzes" different from "Quizzes"? I'm able to download my Item Analysis - it just doesn't have the data I need even if it does include all of my questions.

MariOwens
Community Member

We need to see data similarly to the old format.  Is there anyway to add on those old options to the new quiz format?

rom17
Community Member

agreed!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.