New Quizzes: Duplicate Question

It would be helpful to be able to duplicate a question in the quiz generator. Let's say I'm quizzing students on the use of figurative language (simile, metaphor, personification, and synecdoche). I could make my first question with multiple choice answers: a. simile, b. metaphor, c. personification, and d. synecdoche. If I could duplicate the questions, I would not have to retype the four answer selections.

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the Canvas Deploy Notes (2020-09-09).

88 Comments
shouser
Community Novice

Well I missed the voting window again. This is a bad way to get changes

made. I don't have time to check on canvas features daily

On Feb 21, 2017 3:40 PM, "ddrayer@sacs.k12.in.us" <instructure@jiveon.com>

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Canvas is doing a complete overhaul on quizzes (which I've heard might include something like this). My recommendation is to follow this area for all updates - https://community.canvaslms.com/community/ideas/feature-ideas/BETAFI/theme-quizzesnext?sr=search&sea...

In addition, one trick I've done is to create the main question in a question bank and then copy it into a quiz as many times as needed. I can then tweak or adjust the question (or answer) wording as needed without recreating the wheel each time.

cstrykowski
Community Novice

Me too.  Had no idea my question from two years ago had even come back up for voting eligibility.  I renew my assertion that making changes based on a forum that is basically hidden and difficult to use is a way to make sure that you don't have to make changes.

shouser
Community Novice

Yes I do that and it works ok

cstrykowski
Community Novice

I do that as well, but it's another time consuming step that could be easily remedied by adding a DUPLICATE QUESTION button.

siouxgeonz
Community Contributor

This particular request has shown up lots of times and gotten lots of votes under different guises.   In chats it's acknowledged as one of the all time top vote getters over time.   It's possible the "quiz makeover"  will include this -- but the quiz makeover has been "coming soon!"  for ... a while... I come here to learn about workarounds (which I don't consider the same as solutions).

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@cstrykowski &  @shouser ‌, have you both seen that the way feature ideas work is changing? Based on feedback like this they are changing the way feature ideas work and you can find out more information about it here - https://community.canvaslms.com/community/ideas/feature-ideas/blog/2017/02/17/flipping-the-switch-on... 

stacy_lambert
Community Contributor

Thank you - will do.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea is one of the lucky ones that was selected to get a little more time for voting as part of our evolution of the feature idea process. It was selected because of it's vote count and/or comment thread.

*Selection criteria: Most (not all) ideas that received 70+ votes in their initial voting round.

shouser
Community Novice

Come on canvas. Get this done

On Feb 24, 2017 12:25 PM, "ddrayer@sacs.k12.in.us" <instructure@jiveon.com>