New Quizzes Formula Questions: Unique data assignment

When using formula questions, it should be possible to prevent multiple students getting the same random set of data for their problems. In other words, if I have 20 students and generated 20 sets of data, no two students should have been assigned the same data set. (As it is now, if I have 17 students and generate 200 sets of data, I only have a 50% chance all of my students get different problems.)

To protect against instances when you have 24 students and only 20 sets of data, after the 20th set is applied canvas would go back to pulling from the pool of twenty, and so on.

1 Comment
ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.