New Quizzes: Geogebra integration

(1)

Make it possible to integrate Geogebra to do math in quiz questions.

In moodle Geogebra can be integrated in quiz questions by refering to geogebra apps on geogebra.org and using the variables of the app in the question and a boolean to check the answer. I have no idea how it is programmed, but it would be great to have a similar feature, so it would be possible to use the canvas quizzes for math beyond second grade.

Lisa

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @lic ‌, thanks for sharing this idea. We've moved it forward for voting as a request for a partner integration with GeoGebra. A new integration requires both partners to devote development resources to its creation, so if you haven't yet, please let GeoGebra know that this would be of interest to you and your colleagues.

Thanks, Lisa. Stay safe, and be well. Smiley Happy  

lic
Community Participant

Everything on Geogebra.org is already easily accessible, but there might be some licensing issues, because Canvas is a paid service. Their TOS is her Terms of Service – GeoGebra 
In a previous job we had a plugin for moodle, that gave us a Geogebra question option, and I was hoping you have some tech genius, who can make something similar for Cavas :-). Moodle plugins directory: GeoGebra

Lisa

mrainaldi
Community Participant

Having a plugin that would save the student's state of the Geogebra app would be amazing! Just like that one for Moodle!

If Moddle can make it happen, I'm sure that Canvas can make it happen too! 

Marco

lic
Community Participant

With the speed things operate at at Canvas, Geogebra will be obsolete, by the time they get around to it 🤣

Geogebra is expanding the options, så there will probably be som tools for creating quizzez there within the next year.
Lisa

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.