New Quizzes - Hide Access Code

This idea is completed and has been deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the Canvas Deploy Notes (2020-01-15).

This idea has already been entered and just went into cold storage recently but I thought I'd revive it as this feature prevents us from moving to Quizzes.Next with any course that has proctored exams.

• In Quizzes (classic), a proctor can enter a password/access code for a student and the student cannot see it.
  • In Quizzes.Next, this functionality has changed so the Access Code is viewable, there is no encryption or hiding of the text.  This results in some institutions not being able to us Quizzes.Next to proctor exams as there is not a way to ensure academic integrity.  We utilize proctors in in our online across all states and many countries with multiple proctors and students taking exams at multiple times/on multiple days.  So an access code is not effective if a student can view it and then share it with others.

Here's probably a better explanation of why it may be important from the last feature request - https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/12573?sr=search&searchId=60fd93ac-5c28-422d-a97f-264494535fd1&... 

I didn't see it in the priority list that I remember or in any mention of future developments.

Melanie

13 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

@kroeninm  Thank You for sharing this idea, as well as  @James  Thank You  @timothy_maw  Thank You  @kmeeusen  Thank You  @jbeyer1  Thank You jwadec Thank You  @dtod  Thank You for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature that is now part of Canvas!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed