New Quizzes: ITEM BANKS - MAKING A QUIZ AN ITEM BANK AUTOMATICALLY

0 Likes
(7)

Please consider when we make a new quiz in canvas, allow that quiz to automatically become a quiz bank.  This feature was available in blackboard.  It would help us so much.  PLEASE CONSIDER THIS!!!

12 Comments
jroyston
Community Novice

I do not understand why this feature is not there already. It should be.

mmiller
Community Member

This should already be an option.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

jrester
Community Member

Great idea!

timothy_maw
Community Champion

Yes, please. This would be so helpful. This is something I could've used several times.

RobinNix
Community Novice

Yes, most definitely!!

Having the questions automatically logged into a bank labeled would be a big improvement over the current Unfiled situation.

cmdavis_prccedu
Community Member

Yes, please!

gabriel_martine
Community Explorer

Use case: I am creating a cumulative quiz and I want to reuse some questions from a previous quiz.

Workaround: Export old quiz.  Then re-import it: this makes it a quiz bank and available for Find Questions.

Solution: All quizzes should automatically be available as Question Banks, available for use in the "Find Questions" function.

ctitmus
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

NicoleSimmons
Community Participant

I am exporting all my classic quizzes so that I can create new item banks for new quizzes. Can you please create a process where I can bulk import a large number of quizzes and have each quiz import a separate item bank?

KathyPalm
Community Participant

I worry this will clutter the list of item banks if every quiz created in the system became it's own item bank. The goal of the item bank is to reuse questions between quizzes/courses/your account. Often the way we have made item banks is to move questions from a quiz into an item bank. I think having each quiz become it's own item bank would not be a good way to do question management.

Perhaps a different solution could be to have a button on a quiz which would (in one click) add all questions from an exisiting quiz to a new (or exisiting) item bank. Then if you need a new item bank for the quiz you just made, you can have it quickly, but you do not by default create a new item bank with each new quiz.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.