New Quizzes (LTI): Preview Shared Content

0 Likes
(2)

Currently, when an LTI such as New Quizzes is shared with a colleague, users are unable to preview the shared content.  Is it possible to allow shared LTIs to be previewed?

10 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@JamieProvost , there are two separate ideas here: sharing LTI content generally, and specifically sharing New Quizzes content. With respect to the latter, users should be able to view the New Quizzes content you've shared via Direct Share as detailed in  How do I send a quiz to another instructor in New ... .  

Have you asked Canvas Support to investigate on your behalf?

JamieProvost
Community Member
Author

Yes, these are the steps teachers have followed to share New Quizzes and then see that they have shared content available.  However, the teachers haven't been able to preview the New Quiz shared.  Instead, they have to import the New Quiz to be able to view it.  Unless they are doing something incorrectly that I am not seeing.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks, @JamieProvost . Before we move this forward for further discussion, please ask Canvas Support to have a look at the workflow.

JamieProvost
Community Member
Author

I have reached out to Canvas support and was told that LTIs (including New Quizzes) are not currently available for preview before importing when the content is shared.  This is what prompted my posting..

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@JamieProvost  Would you provide the case number for the support interaction, please?

JamieProvost
Community Member
Author

Case # 08022615

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for working with us on this, @JamieProvost . After consulting with our support supervisor, we've moved this forward for further discussion specifically as a request to be able to preview shared New Quizzes content. The ability to share and preview third-party LTIs would need to be considered separately and case by case.

resartoris
Community Participant

This is a needed feature. We would love to see a preview of New Quizzes in Shared Content in our district as well. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.