New Quizzes: Match the Equation Editor to the ISTEP Equation Editor

(2)

I would like to see the equation editor have the same layout/functionality as the equation editor the students will have on the Indiana state assessments.  This can be as simple as a toggle button and/or a district wide choice to implement.  The equation editor for Indiana testing can be found here:  https://in.testnav.com/client/index.html#login?username=LGN510861850&password=ZM7ZR38B

8 Comments
James
Community Champion

I'm not sure if they intended that username and password to be shared with the entire world, so here are some screen shots.

258464_pastedImage_4.png

And here are the symbols under each.

258461_pastedImage_1.png

258462_pastedImage_2.png

258463_pastedImage_3.png

khamilton1
Community Novice

James -

The equation editor is for everyone to use and see it is not confidential.

It is the example of what I would like to see in Canvas to allow students

in the state of Indiana the opportunity to practice via Canvas.

Thanks,

Kristien

Kristien Hamilton

7th Grade Math Teacher

Greencastle Middle School

Phone 765.653.9774 ext. 333

Fax 765.653.5381

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 1:46 PM, james@richland.edu <instructure@jiveon.com>

ramon
Community Novice

Hi Kristien,

we understand you want your students to be able to practise for Indiana State Assessments with an equation editor similar to ISTEP equation editor.

At WIRIS we integrate an equation editor in Canvas. www.wiris.com/canvas 

WIRIS EDITOR provides PARCC compatible toolbars, very close to ISTEP. We can work on an ISTEP toolbar if there is an interest.

Today it is not immediate to use PARCC compatibe toolbars in Canvas. However, we can work on it. Please contact us at support@wiris.com

pwalsh
Community Novice

FYI, the ISTEP is changing to ILEARN, complete with different equation editors and the like. I would very much like to see something standard used, such as the tools on Desmos (which is the new, official test scientific calculator for ILEARN).

khamilton1
Community Novice

Patricia -

If you look at the date that this request was submitted (October 30, 2017)

you will realize that this request was put in for the 2018 test. Yes, you

are correct that test is changing although this is a moot point at this

time.

Kristien

Kristien Hamilton

7th Grade Math Teacher

Greencastle Middle School

Phone 765.653.9774 ext. 333

Fax 765.653.5381

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 2:08 PM, pwalsh@mccsc.edu <instructure@jiveon.com>

pwalsh
Community Novice

Kristin, yes, I understand, but the request is still valid just slightly different now. I'd still like this feature going forward. It's a good idea!

khamilton1
Community Novice
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived