[New Quizzes] New Quizzes: Multiple Hot Spot

A feature in Hot Spot that would really benefit our students is the ability to have multiple hot spots in a single image. Eg: English students being able to go an image of text and identifying multiples of particular grammar usage in a single paragraph, or find-a-word scenarios - see the attached image as an example.

Added to Theme

32 Comments
MaskeM
Community Explorer

Allow for multiple Hot Spots per image per question.

wendy-riggs
Community Explorer

100% please-- I teach anatomy and physiology. One click is not enough!

jcrea
Community Explorer

Yes, please add multiple hotspots, allowing more than one area to count as correct.  I am trying to teach trigonometry, and I would like students to be able to select the correct placement of an angle measurement.  More than one place is correct.  Alas...I cannot do that right now.

pedersond
Community Novice

If this has been requested since 2018 and is now how nursing needs to test students why hasn't this been made available? I trust this can happen quickly!

CoreyMcLaughlin
Community Participant

Please! Moodle had this 10 years ago and so didn't Blackboard. I know you can do it Canvas! 

TiffanyVickers
Community Member

I'm adding in hopes that Canvas will see this!

PLEASE add in the feature of multiple hot spots! On Schoology we could have multiple hot spots as questions had multiple answers, just like the state assessment has questions with multiple answers. It is frustrating not being able to create a quiz that is similar to state assessments when I know other platforms have this capability, and Canvas is supposed to be better. So Canvas, you should have the capability too, please! Thank you!

CoreyMcLaughlin
Community Participant

So...Moodle, Blackboard, and Schoology all have this capability! = Because it's considered pretty basic as a quiz feature across all educational sectors perhaps? Here is to hope that Canvas gives us something after 4 years. 

karen_harris1
Community Participant

Designing a course in Aural Skills and the instructor would like students to listen to an audio file and click on the correct pitches played/heard.  It would be great if we could assign more than one correct hot spot.

MSatre
Community Novice

Please add the ability to add quiz questions multiple hot spots and the ability to group drag and drop answers into categories. The NCLEX-RN exam is adding new question types in April 2022. This question type will allow the inclusion of several of the new question types to help students prepare

MrAdam
Community Explorer

Does Instructure monitor this suggestion at all, or do we have an abandoned suggestion that will never get attention?