[New Quizzes] New Quizzes: Multiple Hot Spot

A feature in Hot Spot that would really benefit our students is the ability to have multiple hot spots in a single image. Eg: English students being able to go an image of text and identifying multiples of particular grammar usage in a single paragraph, or find-a-word scenarios - see the attached image as an example.

Added to Theme

32 Comments
savagej
Community Member

I would very much like to see the multiple hot spot/multiple images idea be implemented asap with New Quizzes.  I think many of us who are used to having this functionality available when creating quizzes would very much like to provide at least the amount of service we could in the past (with different LMS).

jacob_white
Community Participant

I'd also like the option to have a question in which multiple hotspots are equally correct.  As a simple example: "Click the Pacific Ocean on the world map" I would like the ability to mark correct hotspots on both ends of the map, so that a click in either location would get credit.  Of course, I could try to draw one large polygon connected by a thin line, but there are more complicated examples where that would not work)

jeldridge88
Community Member

We need multiple hot spots Canvas. Please, work on that since this has been addressed back in 2018 and no further changes have been made. How it was stated earlier, this feature is amazing but extremely limiting. When teaching geography we need to upload maps for every single question. Please, give this some more thought and actually make these multiple hot spots a real thing.

Thank you

jlrowe
Community Member

We really need to be able to have a hot spot similar to matching where we can make multiple hot spots and match them to specific answers.

Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@kdougherty1 

I saw your post in https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/New-Quizzes-Users/Multiple-Hot-Spots/m-p/169362 in December of 2017.

What is the status for this request?  Still under consideration?

Thanks

cadunham
Community Member

In Texas, the state test is changing the formatting of questions students will be asked. There will a lot fewer multiple choice questions and more multiple correct answers, drag and drop, hotspot and equation builder (students build an equation to answer the question) question types. Multiple hotspots are needed desperately as we try to give students experience with these types of questions. Some Canvas New Quizzes questions are great- but multiple hotspots would be very valuable.

KathyPalm
Community Participant

While converting content from other platforms, the ability to only create one hot spot on a single question is quite limiting. Our institution would greatly benefit from multiple hotspots as well as being able to drag/drop labels onto a single image.

MrAdam
Community Explorer

Quite new Canvas customer, building our quizzes where we just realized that this feature is missing which we naively assumed would be there. +1 on this idea proposal and would be great if any updates were shared. 🙂 

carapp
Community Member

Same here, the feature would be very helpful! 
We are looking for this indeed on geography maps and naming different parts of objects. 
There are so many things you can do with it. We'd really appreciate if it could be implemented soon.

AlanRobertClark
Community Explorer

Upvote for multiple Hotspots. I teach Electromagnetics, and we do complex numbers on a Smith Chart. Canvas does neither. Sakai managed this, so the code may be available 🙂

I am needing to have at least four points(areas) on a simple Smith Chart... (And I obviously need it to be an .svg.......) Herewith a .pngsmithvswr.png