New Quizzes: PDF annotation in QUIZZES for iPads

0 Likes
(1)

So, I noticed that canvas has an annotation tool where students can scribble on PDF's in the assignments section on the iPad Canvas app. This also works in the quizzes section before students press the "take quiz" button; however, the file that was uploaded is visible to students but they cannot (at least that I'm aware of) annotate the PDF when they are actually taking the quiz.

Even if it is not a complete annotation system, a tool that allows them to highlight the PDFs while they take a quiz would be very useful. 

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

vraddatz
Community Member

I definitely want a question type that would allow students to annotate on a pdf or on an image within New Quizzes. We should be able to have students write on a document in number 1, answer a multiple choice question in number 2, complete a fill-in-the-blank in number 3.... It's crazy to me that this isn't already available. 

KiddyCummins
Community Novice
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived