New Quizzes: Partial Credit for Matching Questions

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

In new quizzes, there needs to be the ability to award partial credit for matching questions. At the current moment, it is either all or nothing. I know you can "fudge" points at the end, but we need the ability to make each matching item worth points. 

337 Comments
hartley_evan
Community Member

Yes, please make this happen. 

mbrokowski
Community Explorer

Folks, there is a problem when there are a ton of comments agreeing with a suggestion and only a small fraction have actually upvoted it. These systems are at least somewhat automated. Someone will be looking at the vote tally way before reading all of the individual comments.

If you want this suggestion to get some attention, please go to the top of the page and upvote. 

CanvasUpvote.gif

SuCeRi
Community Explorer

Not actually sure how to "upvote". Can you clarify?

SuCeRi
Community Explorer

and... once I know how to "upvote", do I need to do so for every post on this topic?

mbrokowski
Community Explorer

Just upvote the topic itself. Go to the top of the page and look for the rating stars. Hover your mouse over it until you see five stars (or however many you want) and click.

SuCeRi
Community Explorer

Done. Thanks. Not a thing I do in other contexts 🙂 Appreciate it.

JoMiddleburgh
Community Member

We need partial credit for all new quiz features. This means that categorisation, ordering and matching are all tools we now can't use. 

arm1990
Community Member

How is this idea starter was posted 2 years ago and NO work has been done on this? Especially with how school has been since March?

megande
Community Member

@arm1990 Definitely!! I think one of the issues is that people are commenting but not "voting" on the idea (which I think is partially Canvas's fault because I don't think it's very clear that using the star rating is how you vote)

sbevier
Community Participant

Please, please, please add this feature for multiple option question. No teacher in my building grades these types of questions as an all-or-nothing option. I'm afraid this will be a make-or-break feature for some of my teachers.