New Quizzes: Partial Credit for Matching Questions

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

In new quizzes, there needs to be the ability to award partial credit for matching questions. At the current moment, it is either all or nothing. I know you can "fudge" points at the end, but we need the ability to make each matching item worth points. 

337 Comments
gncrum
Community Contributor

C'mon, now.

How is this not implemented yet? This whole "building the airplane while we are flying it" technique to feature development it getting exhausting. It is really hard to convince teachers to use New Quizzes when there is not feature parity with Classic Quizzes.

JenniferAllen1
Community Explorer

Please update New Quizzes to award partial credit for matching! Please make it a priority to give back all functionality that the original quizzes had. Thank you for your hard work!

dcurfew
Community Member

In New Quizzes, a Matching question is an all-or-nothing grade.   Students should get partial credit if some of the matches are correct.  Teachers have to manually adjust student grades and that can be very time consuming.  This feature is available in Classic quizzes but not New Quizzes. 

MATTHEWLAPORTE
Community Member

When will this feature be made a reality?

mtomlinson1
Community Participant

This issue seems to be well documented.  Why not move forward or at least keep teachers up to date as to what is happening?  Is Canvas working on this?

karl_daggfeldt
Community Member

No partial credit makes this question type useless for me (and I guess for almost everyone). Please make partial credits an option as soon as possible.  

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: In Development

JoPikarski
Community Member

Please get this added.  As I read the dates on this, it was initiated in 2018 and it's still not a function.  Not okay Canvas!

JoPikarski
Community Member

Please get this added.  As I read the dates on this, it was initiated in 2018 and it's still not a function.  Not okay Canvas!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: On Beta