New Quizzes: Partial Credit for Matching Questions

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

In new quizzes, there needs to be the ability to award partial credit for matching questions. At the current moment, it is either all or nothing. I know you can "fudge" points at the end, but we need the ability to make each matching item worth points. 

337 Comments
wbechtold
Community Explorer

This feature is absolutely needed in the new quizzes!

fearonhernandez
Community Novice

Please fix this. We need partial credit. Thank you!

angriffl
Community Member

Categorizing and matching questions are useless in New Quizzes without giving partial credit for correct answers. This is a MUST HAVE in order for teachers to use Canvas Quizzes. 

jason_french
Community Novice

I agree.  I don't know who decided not to do partial credit, but it's very frustrating and causes more work for the teachers and more panic for the students.  Who's ever heard of doing partial credit for a whole matching section?

jennifer_parret
Community Member

I loved that New Quizzes had the category option, but the grading will make me not use it. There needs to be partial credit for each correct match. The same goes for matching questions. Each correct match should be awarded credit. What is the point if the student has to get 100% right on each of these options. 

bs10
Community Novice

Please allow partial credit on multiple choice and matching quizzes in the new quizzes.

BS14
Community Novice

Please allow partial credit for multiple choice and matching in the new quiz format! Thank you!

ewelc05s
Community Explorer

Partial credit is needed on several question types: matching, multiple answer, categorization, and ordering. Why have self-graded questions when you have to go back and add fudge points? This is very frustrating for my faculty.

eriba2
Community Member

We need partial credit options on matching questions! 

I didn't discover it was an ALL or NOTHING method on new quizzes until a student today was going over an exam with me and the math didn't seem right. Thank goodness we caught it! We had just switched over to Canvas this summer so I had to go back to my summer class and REGRADE ALL the exams, which resulted in having to change final grades for EIGHT of my students. I know it was silly of me to assume it would have graded them for partial credit like any other software program I've used, but this literally affected people's GPAs. 

ooswat
Community Member

Agreed!