New Quizzes: Partial Credit for Matching Questions

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

In new quizzes, there needs to be the ability to award partial credit for matching questions. At the current moment, it is either all or nothing. I know you can "fudge" points at the end, but we need the ability to make each matching item worth points. 

337 Comments
JamesDauray
Community Explorer

Four years and this feature is still noticeably absent in New Quizzes.

jrican
Community Explorer

This fix was deployed awhile back 

Link to Canvas guides with the Partial credit option showing https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-create-a-Matching-question-in-New-Quizz...

cejones
Community Explorer

Yea!  Now we just need partial credit for multiple answers and categories!

jrican
Community Explorer

The Multiple answers do have the partial credit with penalty option now too. 🙂

karenca
Community Explorer

Yes - Please allow us to choose partial credit (or not) on any and all of the question types! I just used a category style question on a quiz with my students and made it worth 8 points and discovered after the students took the quiz that it was all or nothing so students who got 7/8 in the correct category got 0 points. I can see the need to sometimes have it be all or nothing, but we need to have the choice. If it defaults to the wrong choice or we choose the wrong option and need to change it, we need to be able to go back in to edit mode and have it auto grade the change. Regrading each one manually or with fudge points etc, is not practical with 240 students. Please make this change!

Also it would be helpful to new users to add the word EDIT to the BUILD button on New Quizzes - it takes many teachers too many searches and questions to figure out that BUILD = EDIT.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed