New Quizzes: Provide option to sort order of shuffled quiz questions in Speedgrader when grading

(8)

When grading quizzes that have used the Shuffle questions function, provide instructors a way to reorder (sort) the questions to a set order when grading.

Currently when you use the shuffle questions functions and go into Speedgrader to grade the quiz, the questions are in the order that they were presented to the student. This is problematic for quizzes that have question types that must be manually graded, especially when these question types are mixed with other auto-graded question types. The current state requires scrolling through Speedgrader to find the questions that need to be manually graded; they can appear in any order for each student. This adds time to the grading process.

To remedy this, provide a way for instructors to sort the order of the questions to so that when grading, the questions will be presented in a consistent manner to the grader.  The default could be to show the questions in the order in which they are shown when constructing the quiz.

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
DanBurgess
Community Participant

Hi Stefanie,

Thanks for sharing that idea.

I have cast my vote!

fdsaf
Community Member

I wholeheartedly agree with this suggestion.  Shuffle questions is useless if the speedgrader does not then put the questions back in the original order when you grade.

RussellAinbinde
Community Member

I am a teacher

For test security scrambling of questions and answers is a great tool but after the exam it is difficult for many students reviewing the exams is a struggle when questions are in a different order.

Having the ability to return the questions to the order they were written will solve this problem.

As the questions are a database during the build creating new fields that track the build order and student test order this can be set as a default. 

Then a simple selection to display the exams, in build order would offer a great tool for working with all students

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Thank you for sharing this idea with the Instructure Community!

The Product Team reviewed all feature proposals recently, and unfortunately, this thread was identified as one that they would not be able to include in their current or future plans. While we appreciate your proposal, we also want to be transparent about the likelihood of something like this making it to production.

Thank you for collaborating, and we hope that you submit another idea in the future!