New Quizzes - Question Groups for academic integrity

0 Likes
(1)

I want to ensure that New Quizzes has Question Groups that allow instructors to give students a specific set of questions in a specific order, to help maintain academic integrity on multiple choice tests. My colleagues and I recommend to faculty that they create what we call "case study" type question groups, where they start with one description (a chart, an excerpt from a poem, an image, etc.), and then have 3-5 subsequent questions that refer to it. We think that this makes the questions harder to Google (because the question stem doesn't need to refer to the source; it can simply say, "In the passage above..."), and because it makes it somewhat easier for the instructor to conceive how to switch out questions each term to prevent item banks from being copied by students (instead of having to think of all-new questions, the instructor just has to find new passages/graphs/images/etc., and the existing questions can be reused or modified for the new passage).

Will New Quizzes have this function? If not, can it be added?

1 Comment
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

@lynchjo 

What you describe would be handled as as stimulus content in New Quizzes.

Check it out.  It's a pretty cool new feature. 

Also, there is a section in the Instructor Guides for New Quizzes! I'd recommend giving it a read.  

The New Quizzes Feature Comparison document in the New Quizzes Users Group may also be helpful as you look ahead.