cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Quizzes: Rich Content Editor in Categorize Questions

New Quizzes: Rich Content Editor in Categorize Questions

(5)

Currently, in the Categorize type questions of New Quizzes, there is no option to use a rich content editor. As a mathematics teacher, I am unable to utilize all questions types effectively because I am unable to write a questions mathematically correct with the limitations of the text. 

Ideally, I would love to have the RCE on ALL question types but I have not found a current option for this question type yet.

5 Comments
Navigator

It would also be great to be able to add pictures within Categories, so the RCE would help here as well!

Surveyor

So I don't believe my suggestion belongs here at all but Canvas says it does (and yes I'm mad so here goes:)  I totally believe that we need pictures added in New Quizzes, especially for Ordering and Matching. Canvas is not all that accessible to young students or learning disabled students and this would greatly enhance their ability to learn remotely.

Now what this has to do with the new RCE? I understand it involves picture upload but that could have been the old RCE as well. I personally believe it belongs under New Quizzes but what do I know?

Surveyor II

Yes!  In order to use all of the question types in new quizzes effectively as a math teacher we need the RCE to be available in ALL of them.  Students need to be able to categorize graphs or equations by their function family, students need to be able to match a function with it's graph, students need to be able to enter a properly formatted equation into the fill in the blank question type, etc...

Adding this functionality would go a long way to helping math teachers have more effective assessments on Canvas.

Surveyor

Yes, please allow the RCE in answers for all question types in New Quizzes! It would really help me expand the types of questions I can ask in chemistry.

Surveyor II

Please add this.  I need Greek letters for equations.