[New Quizzes] Selecting question-types from item banks

Please consider the  idea of allowing the instructor to  select  specific question-types from a question bank. At  times when we as faculty may not want to  T/F question-types administered as part of the selected question group.

15 Comments
kocherm18
Community Novice

This would indeed make the question bank for useful. If my bank has 100 MC and 150 TF questions it's very possible that a quiz of 10 questions would only be TF, which would be a useless assessment. 

HakonAsgeirsson
Community Member

Hi.

I would definitely like to filter the questions in the item banks based on question types. I even took it a little further here in my idea here; New Quizzes: Select all/random questions from only tagged ones

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

GregObi
Community Member
Problem statement:

I am new to Canvas and as I work with it I am wondering why some options are not available. I would have liked to see a situation where instructors can set up quizzes from publisher question banks but have the option to select the question type they want in the quiz.

Proposed solution:

Many instructors do not want to have the burden of grading essay-type questions from a quiz. Hence, the ability to choose what type of question one wants in the quiz is important for auto-grading of quizzes. One should be able to also decide how many of each type of question one wants in a quiz. See my attached video clip doing the same in Blackboard Ultra.

User role(s):

instructor

GregObi
Community Member