[New Quizzes] New Quizzes Stimulus PDF

We would like to see in the New Quizzes for the Stimulus question the ability to upload a file and preview that file so students can read the PDF while answering the questions.  I have several teachers that have PDF versions of their textbook and would like to be able to include the PDF in the stimulus instead of having to copy and paste the information from the PDF into the RCE for the Stimulus question to use as a guided reading questions.

Added to Theme

20 Comments
alegg
Community Member

Dear Canvas, please intergrate all of the great and basic features in Classic Quizzes, like uploading a FILE (PDF or Word) in a stimulus question, into New Quizzes.

This is one of the reasons that I have not been using New Quizzes. Canvas has a lot of great ideas that are poorly executed.  Please listen to those of us who use your product.

christopher_jo5
Community Explorer

Yes please! Why this is not a thing yet only shocks me!

nick_lafave
Community Member

This is a must-have feature. It shouldn't be hard to add.

laura_kelly
Community Explorer

YES PLEASE make this possible.  It would be the same as uploading an image file, but to have text questions be part of a text reading passage is a MUST for a stimulus option.

SarahShepherd
Community Explorer

Please make this a thing! To have PDF files as a type of question would allow many of the classic quiz users to migrate over to new quizzes. 

sschatzke
Community Explorer

This is a huge issue. Has there been any updates on this? 

KellyCarterFISD
Community Member

Such a horrible oversight. Please make PDF and other files available for use as a Stimulus.  

Arkirchner
Community Member

To add our support, this is a critical feature for our institution as well! 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme