New Quizzes are a bit more limiting than the Old Quizzes

0 Likes
(1)

I have found the New Quizzes to be more limited than the Old Quizzes. Here are my suggestions:

• Include the same audio embedding tool as the old quizzes, so we can record audio/video while in the quiz creator tool.
  • The embedded audio in the old quizzes does not migrate to the new quizzes.
  • Allow PDFs to be embedded and opened within the quiz.
  • Put the ‘assign to’ information on the new quiz editing page, like the old quizzes. 
  • The new quizzes does not keep you in the module, like the old quizzes. As students work through a module and they get to a new quiz, it no longer shows the ‘next’ button at the bottom of the screen for them to continue on to the next assignment in order. This causes students to get confused about where they are in the module and miss things in the module.
  • Allow creating new quizzes within the module, like old quizzes.

I really appreciate how you are trying to make tools better for students and teachers, and that you listen to feedback from your users!

1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@bishopta 

Thanks for sharing these ideas. We've archived the submission because it contains multiple different requests for enhancements to New Quizzes, and many of these are already the topic of conversation elsewhere in this forum. Please use the search term "New Quizzes" in the search field at the top of this page to find existing ideas to support.

How do I create a new idea conversation in the Canvas Community? provides guidance on writing singularly-focused idea prompts after conducting a search.