[New Quizzes] include question (item) location (question / time bank) when downloading analytics data

Hi All

I have been speaking to a few colleagues about tracking locations of questions/items when reviewing quizzes and associated analytics.

We have several quizzes where questions are randomly selected or imported from item banks. The problem we have seen is sometimes the questions need review or correcting.

Tracking down exactly where the question are stored or located in which item bank can be quite time consuming. We were wondering whether it would be possible to include the location of the question and the export?

To give you an example of the problem we recently faced.

We had a quiz with 30 questions. each question is pulled in from a  bank which contains 3 questions. So we have 90 questions across 30  banks. 

When we review the analytics and student responses we spotted a mistake but tracking the location of the question would have be made much easier if its location was shown either on screen or in export.

The advantage is obvious as it would make tracking of questions much easier for moderation and updates.

Thanks

Rob

9 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@r_v_jones 

Hi, Rob, from the description it sounds like your institution is using Classic (Old) Quizzes. Since our product teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Old (Classic) Quizzes, which is scheduled for deprecation, we've archived this idea.

When your school starts using New Quizzes in earnest, please evaluate the analytics available in that tool and search for existing New Quizzes ideas to support; if you don't find one that addresses your needs at that time, please start a new idea conversation that draws from your experience with the new quiz tool.

Thanks! 

r_v_jones
Community Contributor

@Stef_retired 

we are  using both tools and both don't have this feature which was why I made the statement of using the phrase question bank generically.

trying to track down where old quizzes pull questions from is important and to my knowledge the new quizzes does not provide any data on were questions are pulled from

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@r_v_jones Thanks! In that case, we'll place this idea in Moderating status for the moment. Please edit the idea to align it with New Quizzes terminology and functionality so we can move it forward for broader conversation. (You can click on the three vertical dots aka "skinny snowman" to edit the idea description.)

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

r_v_jones
Community Contributor

@Stef_retired I've made a quick edit to this and tried to align to what you have requested. Essentially it is an easy way to identify holding location of questions 🙂

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@r_v_jones Thanks! I made a few quick edits myself and have moved it forward for broader discussion.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme