[New Quizzes] provide improved bank filtering when banking questions

Problem statement:

In new quizzes, when banking a quiz question, the user is presented with a search box from which to select the desired item bank. For anyone with access to a large number of item banks (admins can see allow banks across the institution and instructors often own hundreds of banks), it may be difficult to locate the bank with a simple search, either because you don't remember the bank name or there are lots of banks with similar names. And, in cases where banks share the same or similar names, it's all too easy to inadvertently save to the wrong bank.

Proposed solution:

In the "Add to an Item Bank" modal, include the same filtering options available in the bank management screen: i.e., this course, banks shared with this course, institution banks, all banks. Also, since banks are created by and can be shared with people I would suggest adding two items to the above menu in all places where it appears:

1) banks created by me (this would help prevent inadvertent saving to banks that aren't yours), and

2) banks shared with me (banks explicitly share with me a person, not with course in which I am enrolled). And finally, taking a couple of suggestion into account, if it were also possible to filter on banks with questions with specific tags or aligned to specific outcomes, that would help in narrowing the field of possible banks when banking a quiz question.

User role(s):

admin,instructor,ta,designer

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

mramir11
Community Explorer

I would like to have an option added for you to be able to create folders for the quiz banks. Similar to having folders for the files. This way, banks can be sorted by tests, practice, topics, etc.

mramir11
Community Explorer

I would also like to see groups that can be created inside a quiz that can come from multiple banks.

For example, bank 1 has 10 questions and bank 2 has 20 questions. Create a quiz with 3 specific questions from bank 1 and 3 specific questions from bank 2. On the quiz, choose 5 questions from the 6 chosen...

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme