New Quizzes "Return" button on left

0 Likes
(3)

The current way to open the main Canvas navigation from New Quizzes is the Return button on the top right. First, there is no rhyme or reason why anyone would consider looking at the top right to find something that is always on the right, next, the word "return" does not make sense considering the user has no idea that they are using an external tool - for now. I just hope that the developers will fix that navigation because our faculty need all the help they can get. 

4 Comments
joulesmc2
Community Member

I made a mistake on my sentence and apparently cannot edit... I should have wrote, "First, there is no rhyme or reason why anyone would consider looking at the top right to find something that is always on the left..." 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

@joulesmc2 

Thanks for sharing this idea. As it moves forward for broader discussion, you might be interested in joining a conversation that poses a different solution: New Quizzes: Show course navigation menu - Canvas Community 

joulesmc2
Community Member

Oh yes, thank you for posting that. Showing the navigation would work too. However, I wish there were more warning pop ups in general that if you click it it says, "you have unsaved work if you navigate away from this page..." There are so many times where this would have saved me a bunch of time. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.