New iOS Speedgrader app Sort by Submission Status (ungraded)

When I begin grading an assignment, in the new SG, using my iPad, I grade someone, then I have to either go back to the list of all the students or click through the students who haven't finished an assignment to find the next submission.

It was really nice to be able to have that setting called Sort by Submission Status (or something like that) so when I save a graded assignment it automatically goes to the next submitted assignment rather than the next person alphabetically. I don't see that option anywhere, but it would be very nice for it to be in this new speedgrader.

10 Comments
sbartholomew
Instructure
Instructure

Deactivated user​

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

77296_pastedImage_0.png84951_pastedImage_0.png

Panda-Cat: A mythical creature that we dreamed up to catch your attention, make you laugh, and encourage you to keep reading the explanation of our archive process for Feature Ideas

Archive: An archived Feature Idea is not dead forever, but it has been taken out of stage progression.  When Community members submit feature ideas they are reviewed by the Community Team and then put to a vote by the community at large.  If the idea does not receive 100 votes within 3 months it will be archived.  Ideas that reach the 100 vote threshold within the first three months remain open for voting. Find more information about this process at How does the voting process work for feature ideas?

Can archived ideas still become a feature?  Yes.  Some feature ideas that do not receive 100 votes are resubmitted by Community members and find more supporters as people's needs change, rising more quickly to the top.  Oftentimes archived feature ideas are evaluated in groups when we are preparing to refactor a particular tool or feature of Canvas and may still influence product direction.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea will remain in the open voting forum as an idea related to Priority: Canvas Teacher App.

*Being a related idea does not guarantee it is slated for development, instead it indicates that the idea is related to the overall scope and is being used to inform the process.

ronmarx
Community Contributor

Good call on this feature, molpin‌! This feature would be akin to the analog world when, after grading a paper, it's placed on the bottom of the stack, and the next ungraded paper is next! I hope this one gets the votes and the attention of Canvas developers. #canvasteacher_new

katrinam_maurer
Community Novice

This is an awesome suggestion. There have been many times, that I have graded submissions that were turned in on time and gone back in to grade late assignments only to find frustration. I had to scroll through several dozen scores to get fro one late assignment to the next. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed

Hi!

In a previous release, this was made available to Canvas Teacher users. We apologize for not closing this idea when it was released.

How do I grade an assignment submission in the Teacher app on my iOS device? 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme