Notification For Late Quizzes

(3)

For E-Learning our district is allowing students to retake any assessment as many times as they would like, and are allowing all late work. It would be very helpful to know if a student has submitted a Canvas Quiz past its due date so that it is easier to keep track of student grades and what they still need to make up. This would allow the teacher to know what assessments have been taken late beyond just scrolling through every entry of their gradebook after each sync. 

12 Comments
awilliams
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @kstites . Are you looking for a notification through the Canvas notification system that goes to an email address or another type of notification in Canvas somewhere such as an entry on the todo list?

kstites
Community Novice

Yes—that is exactly what I am looking for. I changed my notification settings to email me for late assignments but it is not doing so for canvas quizzes.

Kelly Stites

WTHS Math Department

Math Team Advisor

FBLA Advisor

mgwynn1
Community Novice

Yes, this would be so helpful! I agree! Smiley Happy 

olivia_richards
Community Member

Yes! We NEED this feature. Why wouldn't we be able to select to have Canvas notify us if a quiz is submitted late? How else will we know to go grade it and update our other gradebooks?

ALounders
Community Member

I made an account just now to say PLEASE enable this.

begneiss
Community Member

Bump! This is critical especially if our canvas gradebook doesn’t sync with our school gradebook. I’ve been locking it and then unlocking it per student but then I still have to make sure to go back. 

and yes I know I could manually check grade books and I could page through Speedgrader for lates  but  if it can do late already it can do notifications. 

veronica_sussma
Community Member

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE allow canvas to put it on my to do list to grade a late submission quiz (new or old format).  I could get around this in the old quizzes by putting in an essay question that required me to grade it.  But the new quizzes doesn't even notify me when I need to grade essay questions.  REALLY REALLY REALLY NEED THIS NOTIFICATION!!!!!

DaveWaldrop
Community Member

I just made an account to say... please add this feature!

ksharrer
Community Explorer

Ahhhhh, I didn't realize that I wouldn't get a notification about a late quiz! Ideally, there'd be a location in Canvas where I can go and see a running log of submissions (regardless of assignment or session) so that I can address late work systematically when I'm ready. I thought I had found an inconvenient solution by receiving a email each time a late assignment is submitted and filtering it to a folder. Now I find out that I'm not notified about late quizzes ?! 

PLEASE change it so that we're notified about late quizzes!

EricCarlson
Community Novice

Agreed. The absence of this feature is a blistering oversight. Come on people. This should be done already.

ElizabethHarrod
Community Member

I agree completely - this is something that I have been been asked quite a few times, and it's only our third week on Canvas.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.