Notifications for Copied Announcements

0 Likes
(4)

I would like it so when you copy announcements from another course, they still have the ability to send a notification to students once released. 

For example, if I copy an announcement that was created in Course X to Course A, Course A students will not be notified when a new announcement is posted, even if a new delayed date is set. 

Currently the only fix is to copy the copied announcement and paste it into a new announcement. This is time consuming and defeats the purpose of using copied announcements. 

6 Comments
lindalee_massou
Community Explorer

I agree, Amanda.

AND I want my PICTURE copied with the new Announcement, not just a letter U (whatever that stands for).

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

@amanda_lemaster 

Thanks for sharing this idea! As it moves forward for broader discussion, you might be interested in adding your support to a long-standing related idea:  Publish and Unpublish Announcements 

DarrenSandquist
Community Member

I have two courses in CANVAS that sometimes have overlapping announcements.  When I create an announcement in one class and copy it to the second, the announcement is not emailed to the students in the second class.  And although the announcement shows up in the announcement list, it does not have a posting date/time.  

I suggest there be an option for emailing and posting of copied announcements so that they get send to the students of the "copied to" course.

SL10
Community Member

I agree as well!

I just sent a ticket to Canvas Support a few days ago with this issue and was directed to search through these ideas. Thank you for posting - this function would save a lot of time and does not seem difficult to implement. 

mbrandon1
Community Explorer

This feature would is much needed and would save so much time and headache.  +1 to @lindalee_massou having the picture copied would be that much better. Changing the image to whoever edited the announcement last seems to be a good option for this.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.