Number Logic in Multiple Fill-In-the-Blank Answers

0 Likes
(1)

I have a professor who uses Multiple Fill in the Blank questions to have his statistics students answer questions about intervals. If he puts in .587 as an acceptable answer but a student puts in 0.587 or .5870 then it gets marked as incorrect. Could the numbers logic that goes into the numerical questions be applied to this type of question?

Or does someone know a better way to do a multiple answer math question?

Tags (1)
5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@james_dannibale 

Thanks for sharing this. Is the professor using New Quizzes to create the multiple fill-in-the-blank question as described in  How do I create a Fill in the Blank question in Ne...

james_dannibale
Community Participant

Sorry I should've specified. This is in Classic Quizzes. Which I just saw today is going away next July so maybe it doesn't even make sense to care about this anymore.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@james_dannibale 

Yes, that's correct. We aren't developing any new functionality for Classic Quizzes given its impending deprecation and ultimate end-of-life, so we'll close this idea. 

The professor might like to start trying out New Quizzes if it has been enabled at your institution; if it has been, he can enable the tool in his own course settings and still use both Classic and New Quizzes in the same course. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived