[People] Numerating students in a class

0 Likes

I would like to have the students in my Canvas class to be numerated.

7 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Greetings @TungNguyen 

Can you please describe the problem you are trying to solve by numerating students?  Where would the numbers show up and why?

TungNguyen
Community Member

Thanks for response to my post, Renee.

I have a long list of students and I prefer to be able to see how many of them are, either in People page or Grade page.

James
Community Champion

@TungNguyen 

You can easily find the number of enrollments for each of the roles (student, teacher, TA, etc.) in a course by going to the course Settings page.

At the bottom of the right-side block below the menu is a list of the current users. The right-side block may be at the bottom if you have a narrow screen.

TungNguyen
Community Member

Thanks for the hint, James. I found it but it is still a bit more convenient if there is at least an option to have the number displayed next to the names of the students, either on Grade or People page or both.

https://ibb.co/Tv2cyQz 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

@TungNguyen - Thank you for the follow up messages to this thread and for clarifying your idea.

JamesSekcienski
Community Coach
Community Coach

@TungNguyen 

When you are on the People page, if you click the filter for "All Roles", you should be able to see a count of the number of each type that are in the course.  I'm not sure if there is a limit at which this number doesn't show, but this might help with the People page at least

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.