Observer Comments

0 Likes
(1)

As an observer, it would be nice to have the ability to also make comments on specific assignments. There are times that I, as a parent, would like to comment on an assignment either submitted, missing, or have a question on, and keeping the dialog connected to that particular assignment would be beneficial for both teacher and student, rather than through email (which can get lost or not received by the teacher). Thank you!

Tags (3)
5 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @MelisaBehrendt -

Are you looking for a browser-based feature that is similar to what's available in Canvas Parent?

How do I send a message from an assignment page in the Canvas Parent app on my Android device? How do I send a message from an assignment page in the Canvas Parent app on my iOS device? 

Or, are you looking to add general comments in the same place the instructor and your student do, in-context with assignments/submissions?

MelisaBehrendt
Community Member

Thank you for your response. After looking through the "send a message from an assignment page" link you attached (for iOS), it would appear that I am looking to add general comments in the same place the instructor and student do, in-context with assignments/submissions. 🙂 Thank you again! 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

kristin_barr
Community Participant

This would be a great feature, especially for our elementary learners. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.