One Click To Dashboard

(7)

You should be able to get to the dashboard with only one click, no matter where you are.  For example, right now if you're in speedgrader, to get back to the dashboard, you have to click on the gradebook, view the gradebook, and then go back to the dashboard. 

22 Comments
hellis
Community Explorer

Agreed!

LoriButler
Community Member

When working from the Dashboard TO DO list, I like to score assignments with speed-grader.  But each time I finish grading I have to go back through gradebook before getting back to the dashboard.  It would save me a click if the tab for DASHBOARD was available on every screen/page.  

Hugenjolly
Community Member

Oh, Absolutely. It is infuriating to have to =go through 2 or 3 stpes, when a simple Dahsboard icon  could be added to the top left side of the 'toolbar'.

Hugenjolly
Community Member

(Of course, it would be better still if I had proofread my comment before posting...)

BethKeech
Community Member

It would be wonderful if we could easily get from SpeedGrader to our Home Page and/or Dashboard. It seems awfully silly (and a waste of time) to have to do multiple clicks to get back to our Home Page and/ or Dashboard. The amount of clicks that Canvas requires is quite frustrating - it seems that this could be so much more user and time friendly. 

ejames
Community Member

Agreed! It should be one click to get back to the home page of a course.

jamin_hoffman
Community Explorer

Yes, yes, yes!

jamin_hoffman
Community Explorer

And again, yes!  I would love to be able to grade an assignment in Speedgrader, and then go directly back to the Dashboard to grab the next ungraded assignment in the "To Do" list, regardless of which class the assignment is for.  This would save me a lot of time and superfluous clicks!

jamin_hoffman
Community Explorer

I realize I have already made the last two comments on this, but I get more and more frustrated about this every time I have to go "the long way 'round" to get back to the dashboard!  Please put this suggestion into practice!

CristinShay
Community Member

I agree! It's a pain to navigate to the gradebook and then to the Dashboard to find the next assignment that needs grading in the "to do" list. 

CourtCassar
Community Explorer

Can we add a button to Speedgrader which allows you to navigate back to your Dashboard or your To-do list? 
Often when you're completing tasks on your To-Do list it takes you to the task and there's not a quick way to return to your to-do list. 
This is inconvenient when you have one or two submissions to mark across multiple assignments.

Hugenjolly
Community Member

That (You should be able to get to the dashboard with only one click, no matter where you are. For example, right now if you're in speedgrader, to get back to the dashboard, you have to click on the gradebook, view the gradebook, and then go back to the dashboard.) is incorrect. That is TWO clicks!

A simple Dashboard Icon is needed at the top of EVERY page one might be on.  Nobody disagrees with this - why has it not happened?

Infuriating.

EK5
Community Member

I would like a link to take me back directly to the dashboard from grading an assignment. That way I could move to the next assignment to grade on my overall list of grading. 

jonathan_piel
Community Member

This exactly. Even a "Course Home" button always there would be much quicker.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@jonathan_piel  Users can navigate directly from Speedgrader to the home page for the course by clicking on the name of the course that displays in the top bar. You'll see that depicted in the View Assignment Details section of  How do I use SpeedGrader?

Hugenjolly
Community Member

Thanks, but I suspect we are all aware of that.

The point is to be able to go directly to the Dashboard - from any other page...not just to the particular class home page.

It is a simple fix, by adding that one link/icon. It is maddening not to be able to do this.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks, @Hugenjolly  It's good to know that you were already aware of that; I was responding to the comment immediately above mine (looking for the "Course Home" button in Speedgrader).

Hugenjolly
Community Member

Ah, indeed you were, Stefanie. Mea culpa for missing that!

LoriButler
Community Member

In addition to the inefficient routing system to get back to the dashboard, I find that each time I do, it opens another tab in my chrome browser....so I then have to spend time closing each tab....just another reason to give us a DASHBOARD return button on every page.   It doesn't help to go back to the class home page.  I teach several courses and I want to get back to my to do list more quickly.

jean_ferguson
Community Member

I am not sure if this is a Canvas feature or if SpeedGrader is separate software, but if it is, maybe this change can be integrated through a partnership with Canvas.

In SpeedGrader, please add an icon to the upper left-hand bar that allows users to return to the Dashboard instead of limiting us only to a return to the class or to the assignment. This would save a step each time we complete grading responsibilities. It's a small thing, but it adds up.  

Thank you!