Option to Use Stylus with Speedgrader on Ipad

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Hey All,

As of now, Canvas Speedgrader allows the use of a stylus/pen via the mouse on a standard computer monitor. However, when logged in on an Ipad, the option to use a stylus/pen to grade in Speedgrader disappears. I would like the feature added for use on Ipads so that we may use a Stylus to grade assignments on the Ipad instead of having to print assignments, grade, and scan back in.

Thank you!

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Teacher Release Notes (iOS, Android 1.0).

99 Comments
vkg
Community Contributor

Jeff (or others grading with a stylus on the Surface Pro), are you using the web version of Canvas or the Speedgrader app?  Is the experience better on one or the other. (including  @cstellre ‌ for her information)

Thanks for your time!

cstellre
Community Novice

Hi all,

An instructor I worked with last summer was interested in using a stylus on

her Surface Pro to mark up student submissions. She would up using

DrawBoard on her Surface and uploading the marked up assignment to Canvas.

Not ideal.

Carla

Carla Stellrecht

Instructional Learning Consultant

LSA Information Support Services (ISS)

2014 MLB | 812 East Washington

LSA ISS Learning and Technologies Consultants Group Website

<https://ltc.iss.lsa.umich.edu/>

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 8:18 AM, Victoria Green <instructure@jiveon.com>

GideonWilliams
Community Champion

With a Surface Pro or any other 2-in-1 device, is it possible to use the stylus to annotate documents directly in Speedgrader?

benjamin_bradsh
Community Member

Kind of... unless there's a 'real' option there.

If you click on 'draw', it will pick up a tool that you can draw with using a mouse. The stylus should act like a mouse pointer then and let you write on it.

However, there is a bit of an issue with the resolution the draw tool can pick up. Writing doesn't come out smooth and handwritten at all.

GideonWilliams
Community Champion

You must show me….

Disclaimer

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately and please delete this message. Thank you.

BethCrook
Community Contributor

Posting here so I can see when there's an update Smiley Wink 

agay
Community Novice

Waiting for Apple Pencil on Speedgrader iOS.

mormanam
Community Explorer

Any update on when this feature will launch? Anxiously awaiting its arrival!

ahayson
Instructure
Instructure

@jayde_colquhoun ‌ Have you seen this?

I am eagerly waiting to hear of any updates. Could you imagine annotations using a stylus on the iPad? 

jayde_colquhoun
Instructure
Instructure

Imagine! How progressive would that be! Love it. Also eagerly awaiting!