Option to mark assignment as "completed"

0 Likes
(4)

After an assignment (which was originally worth points) is late, I'd like the option as a teacher to mark it simply as "completed " or "collected" and not have to assign points.  In this pandemic, we are trying to be flexible with students and not take off points for late work.  I want to communicate to students and families that the work was completed, but points are not being attached.  So for a given assignment, I'd like both options - be able to assign points for on time work, but "collected" if the work is done but late.  

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

MrWilliams
Community Explorer

Agreed -- a simple 'collected' status is one we are used to using in our SIS that would be helpful if it was mirrored in the Canvas gradebook!  Thanks for raising up!

cjwalsh16
Community Member

Also problematic is that when I don't assign points and leave it blank, speed grader doesn't recognize that I've reviewed the assignment.  It keeps showing up as ungraded in my grade book and also remains on my to-do list.  This makes it really tough to stay organized.

jmkruse
Community Novice

AGREED WHOLEHEARTEDLY!  I really need CANVAS to have the option to mark assignments as 'Collected' for tracking purposes.  Please consider adding this option, thank you!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.