Option to view grade as whole number

(1)

Our instructors would like the option to view the total grade as a whole number. Currently, there is an option to view to the tenths and hundredths place but not the rounded whole number. We have to transfer final grades in whole number form at the end of a term.

6 Comments
RobDitto
Community Champion
jbelliotti
Community Explorer

This is an extremely important function that causes our campuses to have findings on our internal audits. A registrar sees 89% (without seeing the entire 89.6%) and lists the grade as a B. There should be an option as to how many decimal points we show and whether we round (though this can be adjusted in the grading scale).

swindale
Community Novice

I think it is also potentially damaging for a student to see a grade on Canvas that suggests a letter grade or other critical subsequent decision that will be different once the number is rounded up and the mark officially submitted to the FSC (which only allows rounded integers). This is not a 'feature' I am asking for, it is something that simply should not happen.

jbelliotti
Community Explorer

I'm not sure why anyone would vote down on this - we're asking for an option to round or not round. This should be a resolution that works for everyone.

swatts
Community Participant
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.