cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to view grade as whole number

About Idea Conversations
In the Canvas Community Ideas space, you can share, converse, and rate idea conversations related to software improvements to Canvas products.

Option to view grade as whole number

Our instructors would like the option to view the total grade as a whole number. Currently, there is an option to view to the tenths and hundredths place but not the rounded whole number. We have to transfer final grades in whole number form at the end of a term.

5 Comments
Adventurer
Community Member

This is an extremely important function that causes our campuses to have findings on our internal audits. A registrar sees 89% (without seeing the entire 89.6%) and lists the grade as a B. There should be an option as to how many decimal points we show and whether we round (though this can be adjusted in the grading scale).

Community Member

I think it is also potentially damaging for a student to see a grade on Canvas that suggests a letter grade or other critical subsequent decision that will be different once the number is rounded up and the mark officially submitted to the FSC (which only allows rounded integers). This is not a 'feature' I am asking for, it is something that simply should not happen.

Community Member

I'm not sure why anyone would vote down on this - we're asking for an option to round or not round. This should be a resolution that works for everyone.

Community Member

This would be something the instructor controls. I don't see how having one more option of viewing would harm things, we wouldn't ask for any of the current formats to be removed.