📊 Overall GPA

0 Likes
(3)

Hello all. I wanted to suggest a feature option that would give LMS admins the ability to turn on, allow, or turn off an overall or semesterized GPA view. 

* Admin could allow it for teachers to use, mandate it, or prevent it. 

* It would show students their current GPA for the current semester, or overall time for all courses.

* It would make clear that it might differ from what is in the institution SIS so that students didn't take it as gospel. 

* It would give admin the option to make it percentage, letter, or gpa . style. 

8 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

mw_2543
Community Novice

I think it might be a good idea for the students Grade Point Average for all class combined to be on canvas.

FaithClark
Community Novice

It would be very helpful for students to be able to view their grades for all classes on one screen. As a student, I have noticed that there is nowhere I can see my semester GPA or overall GPA on canvas. I think this would be a commonly used tool that should be included on the canvas site. 

Nick2Percent
Community Novice

I would like to check the average grade of my classes and see how my GPA stacks up.

ParamveerSingh
Community Novice

DebraDickerson
Community Member

This is challenging and time consuming. Office hours are closed when I am able to call for a step by step process to find my overall GPA.

I am disappointed.

DavidKynoch
Community Novice

Please add a boc on the dashboard that tells you your GPA. It would be so convienient.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.