cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Override Late Policy in Speedgrader

Override Late Policy in Speedgrader

(21)

Currently, teachers must go to the Gradebook to override an automatic deduction due to a student submission being late.  It would be more convenient if a teacher could override the late deduction while grading in Speedgrader. late policy‌ newgradebook‌

Current Speedgrader View (No option to edit/override):

309787_pastedImage_1.png

50 Comments
RobDitto
Navigator

Voted! Ideally this could be built alongside Apply Status while in SpeedGrader.

salas
Community Member

WE need this!  

leavoj
Surveyor II

I agree, its difficult to go find the exact column the grade book where sometimes i tell the student to resubmit but then it changes it to a late assignment.  

tom_collins
Surveyor

This is not a "feature." It's a deficiency.  Please fix it, without going through this inane voting process.

nixonb
Community Member

I agree with Tom, this needs to be fixed/added sooner than later.  It is a major drag on efficiency when grading and I need to exit speed grader, open grade book, find the module, then assignment, then student to change a late penalty!

Nancy_Webb_CCSF
Adventurer

This would be an excellent help for the late policy problems.  I upvoted using this new Canvas community vote method, by giving a 5 stars rating.  We all need to vote again.

aloomis
Surveyor II

Yes! That make Speedgrader a little more speedy! It is frustrating having to toggle back and forth to override. 

mofroerer
Surveyor

What a surprise. Canvas has had this idea for 18 months and nothing has changed. Tom is completely right in that this is a deficiency. Why hasn't Canvas fixed this or the many other simple solutions to make it easier to use? 

kawelzenbach
Surveyor

How long will it take to get this to happen...It's already been an idea for over a year. I waste so much time because this isn't an option.

debbiecarlston
Surveyor

I would also really like to see this feature added to Speedgrader. 

Garry_Daly
Surveyor

I would also like to see this problem fixed in Canvas.  I do not understand the thought process Canvas has taken on this issue as I believe this is a bug in the design of the speedgrader feature.

brynnspitzer
Surveyor

Speedgrader should have the option of applying the late, excused, not late statuses. It is a pain to go back to the gradebook when I want to change the status of a student's assignment.

lalamillo5
Surveyor

I would also like to be able to change the status, such as "late" in speed grader.  There are some assignments that are not late, but a resubmission that I allowed.  But in order to take the "late" status off there are so many screens and clicks!

bontomasin
Surveyor

Absolutely a need. As Canvas is working with more and more k-12 institutions it is valuable to recognize that we are grading more assignment and more often than college professors. The amount of clicking and page changes is excessive. 

hlambright615
Surveyor

I agree this completely needs to be done and sooner rather than later.

ctarbet
Surveyor II

Another vote from me.

1. Change Assignment Status in SpeedGrader
  2. Automatically remove late penalty on regrading (resubmission)
sallycharris
Surveyor II

Yes, please add this feature to override the late policy from Speedgrader, as well as override the missing policy from Speedgrader. 

jamin_hoffman
Surveyor II

Yes!  Please provide this function ASAP!

bbattiste
Surveyor

👏👏Add to this issue the need to accept the resubmission score to mark the submission as "graded." When I click on the resubmission link, points automatically get deducted because the assignment is now technically 'late,' even though I ask students to resubmit work all the time (normally after the deadline). Then I have to go into the gradebook to mark the assignment as 'on time.' These options could and should added to speedgrader like the poster suggests. Thanks!

debbiecarlston
Surveyor

I agree!