Override Late Policy in Speedgrader

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-10-16).

Currently, teachers must go to the Gradebook to override an automatic deduction due to a student submission being late.  It would be more convenient if a teacher could override the late deduction while grading in Speedgrader. late policy‌ newgradebook‌

Current Speedgrader View (No option to edit/override):

309787_pastedImage_1.png

67 Comments
RobDitto
Community Champion

Voted! Ideally this could be built alongside Apply Status while in SpeedGrader.

salas
Community Novice

WE need this!  

leavoj
Community Explorer

I agree, its difficult to go find the exact column the grade book where sometimes i tell the student to resubmit but then it changes it to a late assignment.  

tom_collins
Community Explorer

This is not a "feature." It's a deficiency.  Please fix it, without going through this inane voting process.

nixonb
Community Novice

I agree with Tom, this needs to be fixed/added sooner than later.  It is a major drag on efficiency when grading and I need to exit speed grader, open grade book, find the module, then assignment, then student to change a late penalty!

Nancy_Webb_CCSF
Community Champion

This would be an excellent help for the late policy problems.  I upvoted using this new Canvas community vote method, by giving a 5 stars rating.  We all need to vote again.

aloomis
Community Participant

Yes! That make Speedgrader a little more speedy! It is frustrating having to toggle back and forth to override. 

mofroerer
Community Explorer

What a surprise. Canvas has had this idea for 18 months and nothing has changed. Tom is completely right in that this is a deficiency. Why hasn't Canvas fixed this or the many other simple solutions to make it easier to use? 

kawelzenbach
Community Member

How long will it take to get this to happen...It's already been an idea for over a year. I waste so much time because this isn't an option.

debbiecarlston
Community Member

I would also really like to see this feature added to Speedgrader.