Override final grade

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

It would be convenient if instructors could override the calculated final grade. Many faculty use the gradebook export to send grades to the student information system and there are sometimes factors in determining a final grade that are based on the discretion of the instructor.

This idea has been added to our product plan for Q1 2019 and will influence development within Canvas. To find more information about this idea’s related priority, please follow Priority: Gradebook Enhancements

:smileyinfo: Adding this idea to our product plan means we will be working on it, but it does not guarantee that it will be developed exactly as defined by the idea, or that it will be added to the production environment.

Read more about the feature idea process:

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2019-02-16) .

104 Comments
vanzandt
Community Champion

Based on information in the most recent conversation we had with our CSM , we are hopeful to see this in the upcoming beta release. That would mean if all goes well in Beta, a release to production would be the end of this month.

vanzandt
Community Champion

I guess we'll see what they have to say on our call this week. Looks like it didn't make it into this Beta release notes...

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2019-02-16) .

gharbor
Community Participant

I've noticed that with this feature enabled (in beta) the Columns Titles can get out of line with the grades columns when you adjust the width of the columns? (see image below)

Column Alignment issue

straussi
Community Champion

gharbor, we already had this issue reported by some instructors before the addition of the Override column. We never really nailed down which browser, but could not replicate it in Chrome, which is always our #1 recommended browser. In Chrome the columns narrowed properly, but quickly hide the heading text. 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Have you reported this though support yet, gharbor.  If not, please do

gharbor
Community Participant

Hi Ian,

I love Chrome too and this error was appearing in Chrome (latest version) when I saw it.. I'll log a ticket..

gharbor
Community Participant

I'll log a ticket..

eshay
Community Explorer

THANK YOU! Now, to get our administration to turn on the New Gradebook feature option so that we may use the Override column.

Smiley Happy