Page editing pane larger?

0 Likes

I wish the visible part of the page editing pane was taller. I often create relatively long content pages. I get tired of having to do so much scrolling to see the entire page. I can only see the entire page when I save, and then I usually have to go back in to make further edits because my page doesn't look like I want it to. 

As I noted on the screenshot, there is a lot of empty, wasted space on my screen under this pane. I would love for some of it to be added to the editing pane. 

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

Tags (3)
3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @JamieLemon -

Thanks for sharing your idea! I think I can share some tips that will help you immediately. 🙌

When looking at the page editor, do you see the set of dots (2x4). You can move that up and down to expand your space. Alternatively, you can expand your editing window to the full-screen by clicking the diagonal arrows. (You can also get there from View in the Rich Content Editor).

If either or both of these help you, wonderful! If you'd like more functionality beyond that, let the Community know, and we'll work together to fine-tune your idea.

JamieLemon
Community Member

Thanks so much for showing me this. I thought it might be as simple as that, but never knew how to do it! This will be so useful for me. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Yay! @JamieLemon, thanks for reaching out! Thanks for the quick reply, too.