cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page templates for collaborative groups projects

Page templates for collaborative groups projects

0 Kudos
(2)

I am an instructor for a 4 year high school engineering program with capstone. Is there a way to post a template for students to use on group sites to build their pages? Students are required to maintain a portfolio to demonstrate the design process for their groups for the year. Had an external site that worked for this process but it was discontinued. Last year I modeled for the students and they created similar pages. I have a model in google sites but of course our school district is a Microsoft only and blocks most Google apps other than search features. Any help would be appreciated.

5 Comments
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

@ScottGrieve 

Thanks for sharing this idea. By "group sites," do you mean Canvas groups designed for collaborative activities?

ScottGrieve
Community Member

Yes, I typically make a group set and then assign 2 to 4 students per group. I grade their pages via the discussion posts with an attached form. Last year students copied formats from a PowerPoint and then created pages and links to build a portfolio site in Canvas.

@Stefanie 

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@ScottGrieve 

Thanks for providing those details! Canvas Groups don't currently have a provision for customized or templated pages, so we will move this forward for broader discussion.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open for Conversation

About Idea Conversations
In the Instructure Community Ideas space, you can share, converse, and rate idea conversations related to software improvements to Instructure products.