Pagination for Courses List (Admin)

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Canvas should paginate the course list in the admin console. To say "There are too many courses to show . . . Please use the finder" can be and often is useless. Why not a "Next-->" button? What if I am not looking for a specific course e.g what if I want to count all of the xyz courses? What if I want to do screen captures to get an alphabetical list of the courses for a term? The way it is set up now is a really poor design.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14284-canvas-production-release-notes-2018-03-10 .

56 Comments
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Thanks Nicholas.  I made one small edit your submission text for readability's sake.  Please feel free to change it back if you prefer

Nicholas_Farha
Community Novice

No problem. Thanks.

benc
Instructure
Instructure

Bookmarking this to share with other clients. Thanks Deactivated user​

jordan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@hollands ​ brought up an additional observation in his similar feature idea I thought was worth mentioning here:

The user's search has pages I can click through to find. Courses does not. I think (and many admins in our Canvas Admins group agree) that having pages for the course search would be very helpful.

There's also another great feature request that would totally solve this "course list" issue, if implemented -

John_Lowe
Community Champion

Thanks for that other idea link too!

harker
Community Member

I have asked for this since 2011. Instructure needs to make the Admin interfaces more friendly....

John_Lowe
Community Champion

Is anyone able to add the "canvas admin" tag to this so it will show up on searches for that tag?   @scottdennis ​

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hey John,

We're working on a good workflow for this.  Who can add tags and whose workflow this would best fit into is what is up for discussion.

asatkins
Community Novice

Good thought. This is annoying, I just didn't consider that it was fixed in other locations Smiley Happy It would be great to be able to "page next".

lalevesque
Community Contributor

Pagination and a fix for the required page refresh when creating a new course would be very helpful!